Archives for January 2016
Dates Details Speaker
10th Jan Vision Sunday part one “The kind of church Jesus wants” Rob Tervet
17th Jan Vision Sunday part two Rob Tervet
“God can multiply the little we have to reach thousands”
24th Jan Life through the Spirit – Romans 8:5-17 Adam Mason
31st Jan Hope in suffering – Romans 8:18-30 Rob Tervet
7th Feb Relational Mission – Swap Sunday Jon Beardon
14th Feb God is for us – Romans 8:31-39 Rob Tevet
21st Feb Stand alone message John Wilthew
28th Feb TBC Rob Tervet
The Prayer Course
For the next two months our Community Groups are going through the excellent ‘Prayer Course’ produced by Alpha. The course takes you through the Lord’s Prayer with six short videos; all designed to fuel discussion and deepen your prayer life. We have four Community Groups that meet every week for friendship, prayer, mission and growth. To come along just contact a leader:
- Sam and Debs Page are leading a group meeting Wednesdays but during early 2016 Rob and Christine will be leading the group. Contact number: 07508521975
- David & Hilary Reger are leading a group meeting Thursdays. Contact numbers: 01953 453910 or 07985605609
- Andy and Emily Severn are leading a group meeting on Thursdays. Contact numbers: 01953 455474 and 07722443423
- Adam and Sarah Mason are leading a group meeting Wednesdays. Contact number: 07769681343
Sunday Services 10th & 17th January
We’re taking two Sundays at the start of this New Year to look again at the vision, passion and purpose that Jesus has for his Church here in Attleborough. We’ll start on Sunday 10th looking at the letters of Jesus to the Churches found in Revelation 2 and 3. On Sunday 17th we’ll look at the vital subject of multiplication.
Half Night of Prayer
Friday 22nd January 8pm @ The Lighthouse
A key moment to respond to the Vision Sundays and seek our Father.
Hospitality Sunday 17th January
Hospitality is the biblical discipline of welcoming people into our lives, sharing our food and our homes with others. The word hospitality means ‘love of the stranger’ – in other words welcoming people into our lives, especially those who don’t yet know us very well (see Hebrews 13:2)
How’s it going to work?
As hospitality is about ‘love of the stranger’ part of the fun is that it’s a surprise for the host who they are having over. You sign up and we will then let you know via e-mail where you are going for lunch a few days beforehand. A few practical things:
- Please bring a drink.
- Please don’t go to your hosts house until 1pm – you are welcome to stay at the school and help set down.
- When you sign up please share details of any dietary requirements and other needs.
Please let Rob know on Sunday 10th January at the latest to sign up.
Belonging to Church
At Christ Community Church we love celebrating commitment and diligently welcoming new people into the Church family. We run a course regularly to help explain our vision and values, it’s an opportunity to get to know us and join the Church formally. If you would like to take part e-mail Rob on firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates for this term:
- Wider Leaders weekend – 5th & 6th February
- 18th March – ENOUGH prayer night
- Sunday 27th March Easter Sunday service with Hog Roast TBC
Can you spare a moment to pray for our projects that serve the local community?
- Pray for our IGNITE project, that the increased drop-ins we are delivering on Friday nights would be a real blessing to local young people, that God will be welcomed to show up and “do His stuff”.
- Pray for our TREASURES project, there are a few seniors dealing with recent bereavements and some who have to make difficult decisions about ongoing care for spouses. We ask for God’s guidance, wisdom and strength for them. And comfort for those who mourn, especially as winter months can be a lonely time. We pray also for the team that as we reach out, we can reflect Christ’s heart.
- Pray for our SPARKLERS project, that the team would get a deep longing to pray persistently for families God entrusts to us. That we would serve well but also get time to have conversations that transform lives.