Welcome to Christ Community Church! We’re passionate about Jesus with a big heart for our town. We believe God has called us to be a large church in a small town impacting every layer of the community. If you would like to stay in touch please visit our welcome board and complete a welcome card.
There’s a striking statement made in 1 Corinthians 1:4-5 ‘I always thank God for you because of His grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way – in all your speaking and in all your knowledge’. It’s an amazing thing to say when you consider the Church Paul was writing to! They were a real mess with some serious sins and some terrible practices taking place. Even so, Paul begins addressing them by looking with eyes of grace and thankfulness, seeing what God is already up to. There is a very powerful principle at work here, that when we take a moment to look more closely and see what good things God is already doing it releases faith and encoruagement. It’s the power of thankfulness. This term we’re going to do some serious praying but as we do let’s look again at the awesome things God has already done and is doing.
Teaching Subjects in Sunday Services in Sept *10.30 am
Dates Details Speaker
6th Sept A Worshipping Church Rob Tervet
13th Sept Send Revival – Start With Me – Pt 1 Rob Tervet
20th Sept Send Revival – Start With Me – Pt 2 Rob Tervet
27th Sept TBC TBC
NEW COMMUNITY GROUPS STARTING
Community Groups are small groups that meet in the week to pray, talk about the Bible, learn, laugh and do mission together. Last year our groups gathered around a specific purpose: whether growing in prayer, worship, spiritual gifts or the word. This term we are restarting our groups and they are going to be uniting around the same material – beginning by exploring the vision and values of groups and then complementing our Sunday teaching sessions. We’re asking you to pray and consider where God wants you to be, encouraging you to gather now based on relationships. You are totally free to stay or move if you were in a previous group. Here’s the details:
Sam and Debs Page are leading a group starting on 23rd September meeting Wednesdays at 17A Arlington Gardens, NR17 2NE. Contact numbers: 07496 190435 and 07931 783202
Stacey Boyle and David & Hilary Reger are leading a group starting on 30th September meeting Wednesdays at 68 Besthorpe Road, NR17 2NQ (not there all weeks). Contact numbers: 01953 799948 or 07985 605609
Andy and Emily Seven are leading a group meeting on Thursdays at 26 Norwich Road, NR17 2JX starting on 24th September. Contact numbers: 01953 455474 and 07722 443423
Adam and Sarah Mason are leading a group starting on 23rd September meeting on Wednesdays at 32 Thorpe Drive (not there all weeks) NR17 2HS. Contact number: 07769 681343
To join a group all you need to do is let the leader know you are coming. We understand that you may want to visit more than one group before deciding on the best one for you. We do recommend that you visit a group more than once before making a decision. And if you were already involved in a different group it’s great if you can let the leaders know what you are thinking.
The BIG EAT
After Church @ the Lighthouse on Sunday 27th September
The Lighthouse (our community space) has a new kitchen. To celebrate its arrival we are cooking up a two course lunch for the whole church. Please buy your tickets from Liz or Chelle in person or on 07919 897657 and let her know any dietary requirements. It’s £1 per person (all ages).
Starts Sunday 13th September at 8pm and runs until midnight on Saturday 19th September
Prayer is a mighty weapon in the hands of the people of God – it changes nations and lives. It turns hopeless situations upside down. God has sovereignly called us to pray. Jesus says ‘always pray and never give up’ Paul says ‘pray continually’. This year we have an amazing opportunity to come before God for our Church, nation and community with the theme ‘send revival, start with me’. To book an hour slot please contact Rob on 07508521975 or email@example.com. We also have some special prayer meetings over the week, here are the details
- Praise launch service 8-10pm Sunday 13th September – we’ll kick off our week simply with praise and worship – as it says in Psalm 100 verse 4 ‘enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise’
- Prayer for alpha 7 – 9pm Tuesday– we’re going to join in live via TV with churches all over the country to pray for Alpha led by Pete Grieg of the 24-7 Prayer movement. How fun is that?
- Prayer for Schools 8-10pm Wednesday – we’re going to pray for schools, with lots of change underway locally with our schools there is much to bring before our Father in Heaven.
- Prophecy Night – 8-10pm Friday – Want to hear from God? Join us for a night where we will hear from God for each other and eagerly desire prophecy.
- Final Half Night of prayer – 8pm-midnight Saturday 19th. We’re going to close with a night of serious frontline intercession, crying out to God for our Church, town and nation. This is the culmination of the whole week
Alpha Taster Event, Connaught Hall, Wednesday 14th October, 7pm
This year we are pushing the boat out and launching Alpha with a special event called ‘Most Dangerous Man’. There won’t be Community Groups that week and we’ll all gather for a two course meal, live music and hear the amazing story of Shane Taylor. The course will then properly start on Tuesday 20th October at 7pm and run from then. The event is free to guests but we are asking for a contribution from Church family. Tickets available on Sundays or at the Church Office
- Christmas Party – 15th December
Can you spare a moment to pray for our projects that serve the local community?
- Pray for our IGNITE project, thanksgiving for two amazing drama weeks, with many great relationships formed and built on. Please pray for new connections for the term ahead
- Pray for our TREASURES that as we start the new term, we pray we will see a greater move of God in our relationships with our treasures contacts. That the Holy Spirit will lead us to those who need his love
- Pray for SPARKLERS that the team would be filled with passion and vision for the new term, pray for new team members, and for new opportunities to pray for people this term.
Church Office – 01953 452865 – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lighthouse, 131 Hargham Road, Attleborough NR17 2JP
Rob Tervet, (church leader): email@example.com
Liz Keogh, (part time administrator): firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob’s day off is Saturday. Liz works; Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Christ Community Church, Attleborough in partnership with Relational Mission, part of the Newfrontiers family of churches.